Teething is important, but it can be painful for your baby too. In the middle of the night, the little one wakes up, crying and grumbling because of the tooth eruption. To relieve him of this pain, you’d like to do almost anything. So, ever heard of an amber teething necklace for babies? It gives relief from teething pain by contact with the skin. Sounds like a convenient solution, but want to make sure it works safely, and if so? Scroll down for all the possible questions you may have had about amber teething necklaces for babies.
What Is Amber Teething Necklace?
Amber teething necklaces are made of amber, a fossilized resin from the bark of trees that lived millions of years ago. The resin gradually solidifies and fossilizes from the tree bark into amber rocks. Such amber rocks are strung into a necklace and then used as an ornament that the baby will gnaw whenever he feels pain in his teeth. The quality and integrity of amber used for these necklaces also depend on the area from which they are produced, and Baltic Amber is the most common amber.
Benefits of Amber Teething Necklaces For Babies
Though not a miracle cure for teething woes, there are many benefits in circles. The most common benefits of amber necklaces are:
1. Relieves Pains
Amber has the ability to reduce discomfort and relieve joint pains and aches. The use of amber teeth necklaces stated that pain is minimized by repeated movements.
2. A Natural Adaptogen
Amber is a natural adaptogen that allows the body to respond better to stress. It allows the baby to relax and regulate his sleep. The sleep of higher quality also signifies a stronger immune system and improved metabolism. Depending on the baby’s feeding schedules and can need, this also helps sustain, gain, or lose weight.
3. Benefits Of Healing
In chronic flareups such as fibromyalgia, eczema, shoulder, and back pain, etc., some parents have noticed decreased frequencies. Again, this is based solely on parental observations and does not depend on rigorous scientific evidence.
Myths Of Using Amber Teething Necklaces
You may have discovered that succinic acid is a natural painkiller in the amber beads. Advocates also claim that it will help to prevent drooling and boost the capacity of the immune system to minimize ear, mouth, stomach, and respiratory inflammation. Although the necklaces are supposedly drug-free and made of natural materials, there is no scientific proof that the oil actually softens pain.
Are Amber Teething Necklaces For Babies Effective?
Amber has been common in many ancient medicines because it has been known to relieve and alleviate pain. Baltic amber, a kind of amber, has succinic acid which, if it comes into contact with his skin, will give baby relief.
Amber is also believed to be capable of manipulating the thyroid gland and thus improving the immune system of the baby and preventing its teeth drooling. Such advantages are intended to alleviate teeth pain.
There is, however, no clinical evidence that amber can alleviate teething pain. Health experts and childcare professionals do not accept these claims.
Risks Of Amber Teething Necklaces
When you use amber teething necklaces, you put your child at the following risks:
If the string is not tight, the necklace can break as it tuggles. A baby may place an amber bead in its mouth and thus increase the risk of choking.
2. Restricted Blood Circulation
When an amber necklace falls tightly around the arms of a child while sleeping, blood flow to the limbs may also be temporarily decreased. While strangulation may not be fatal, it remains dangerous because it may cause a baby to feel extreme pain and discomfort.
3. Suffocation Through Strangulation
The main cause of infant mortality below the age of one year is suffocation. Amber necklaces intensify this risk. A teething necklace can strangle or become stuck to an object by accident and tighten your child’s neck. It is not unusual that amber / Baltic amber teething necklaces are widely associated with sudden infant death syndrome.
Is Amber Teething Necklaces Really Working?
Amber teething necklaces are not a magic pill to cure a variety of conditions. Just as tonics or supplements do not show changes within a day, these necklaces will have no effect if they are worn for even a week. The changes seen by parents in their child’s sleep cycles and overall health have been observed over a long period of time through the regular use of these teething necklaces. If worn over weeks, these necklaces provide many cure benefits for children and save parents from many of their normal teeth problems.
Things To Do To Avoid Accidents Due to Amber Teething Necklaces
There are several health recommendations or measures that you will take if you want to use amber teething necklaces:
- Ensure the necklace is worn comfortably around your neck and does not strangle your child. In the gap between the necklace and your child’s neck, you should be able to put in two fingers. Make sure that it is the right neck size, too.
- Do not leave your child in the room alone while he is wearing a necklace. Before you leave the house, keep an eye on the child, and take it out.
- Find pop safety clasps and double-check if the beads are tightly threaded and not loose.
Tips To Choose The Best Amber Teething Necklace
There are a couple of tests you can do to ensure you have a real amber teething necklace. You want to make sure that the vendor provides a Certificate of Authenticity with every order before you buy a natural teething necklace for babies that are made from amber.
Here’s what you should do before you buy a Baltic amber teething necklace:
- Heat the necklace to see if it gives off a pine odor.
- Before buying those necklaces, look for raw amber. Lemon yellow, white-yellow, beige, and brown are the most common amber shades. The most common is gold-toned and darker shades; however, they may have been cooked to enhance the colors.
- The lighter the color, the more succinic acid will be in the amber necklace have some moms registered. Though there is no evidence behind this argument, experimentation is worthwhile. A variety of colors are available, and all amber teething necklaces give different healing benefits despite the variations.
- Look for the type of loop or closure that is used to provide comfort and wearability. Pop clasps are very common, while the majority of necklaces come with a magnetic clasp or a lock. You can find a bracelet instead if you don’t want an amber teething necklace.
You can start using them for a while and gradually strip them away when teeth happen naturally if your child feels comfortable wearing the necklace. All we can suggest is try them out and then consider staying for a while if it ends up working for your little one.
Also Read: Teething Or Your Baby Is Sick?