On 25 December every year, the Christmas festival is celebrated with love and joy. It is the Christians’ main festival, but it’s celebrated amongst people of all religions. Continue reading for the history and significance of Christmas day.
History Of Christmas Day
The birth of Jesus Christ is celebrated as Christmas. Jesus was born, as per the New Testament, to Joseph and Mary. His birth date and month are not clear, as on December 25th the Western Christian Church celebrated Christmas. The date is taken worldwide. The history of Christmas celebrations dates back to 360 AD. The word ‘Christmas’ derives from ‘Cristes Maesse’ which means ‘Mass of Christ.’
Significance Of Christmas Day
The birth of Christ is a very significant moment for Christianity’s followers since it was believed that God sent his son to earth as a sacrifice to save the world’s people from their sins. This sacrifice signifies Christ’s crucifixion. Pine trees have been adorned during this time with candies, candles, colorful bells, stars, and gifts. It consists of four colors, white, golden, green, and red. Red is the symbol of the bloodshed by Christ. Green refers to everlasting life, white to harmony, and golden to royalty. It is thought that evergreens will keep ghosts, witches, evil spirits, and disease at bay.
He was born at a time when ignorance, superstition, greed, hate, and hypocrisy prevailed over the land. In the midst of all these circumstances, Christ was born and changed people’s lives. He transformed the lives of man in a new and spiritual way. A change took place in the land. People have begun a new way of life. Thus a new age has dawned for the world.
Origin of Christmas Tree
Just as Romans introduce the Christians by comparing Christmas with the Saturnalia, so the Church has also chosen adherents of the Asheira sect and the members of its branch to impose ‘Christmas trees’ sanctions. Pagans have worshipped or planted trees in the forest for centuries in their houses, and this ceremony was known and rejoiced by the Church with a Christian façade.
Do you know that in 1510 in Riga, Latvia the first decorated Christmas tree was placed or held? Apples, gingerbread, wafers, and cookies adorned the first Christmas tree in Germany. In various countries, different types of trees are used as Christmas trees and they are not fir trees at all times. As in New Zealand, the ‘Pohutakawa’ tree is used and consists of red flowers.
The first Christmas trees were developed in Germany in the 19th century. In China, modern artificial Christmas trees are made up of PVC. Real Christmas trees help to remove dust and pollen from the air, which is amazing.
How is Christmas celebrated?
In the lives of people, Christmas is a festival filled with delight, cheerfulness, and worship. People go to church on this day, sing carols, engage in various worship services, exchange gifts, beautify their homes with holly, mistletoe, decorations, flowers, and Christmas trees, and get together with family. Churches around the globe hold evening services on Christmas Eve. Most churches hold exceptional candlelight services at midnight. In the Christmas event, Santa Claus is an admired character who distributes gifts to the kids. By singing Christmas carols, i.e. songs, people prepare numerous cakes and feasts, express their joy and happiness and welcome the Lord. Children or children used to celebrate this festival with joy and enthusiasm for the gifts provided by parents, relatives, family members, and eagerly waiting for Santa Claus.
Merry Christmas Wishes for 2020
Christmas cards, stamps, and envelopes are ready on the table and all that’s left to do is add a sweet note to wish Merry Christmas to your friends and family.
With the last part, we can definitely help! For your family and friends, here is a collection of Merry Christmas wishes and messages you can use.
- The best thing about Christmas is that it’s unavoidable, like a thunderstorm, and we’re all going through it together. Buckle up and take pride in the trip.
- Celebrate the Magic and the Festive Season’s Joy. Merry Xmas
- To a happy present and a memorable past. Best wishes for a happy holiday and a wonderful New Year.
- May the present year-end on a cheerful note this Christmas and make way for a fresh and optimistic New Year. Here you wish a Happy New Year and Merry Christmas!
- There is so much more to this festive season than Christmas parties and gift-giving. May your Christmas be packed with this beautiful time’s true miracles and purpose.
- May you feel all the love and joy that I have for you all year round and during this festive season. It gives me great pleasure to have you as my friend.
- Christmas is a time for families to come together. It is time for all the laughs and cheers to being exchanged. This family is not going to be considered a family without you. Our lives are fulfilled by you. Merry Christmas.
- I wish you many blessings, more happiness, and even more love for your Christmas season, and I am grateful to you and your thoughtfulness.
- May the festive season fill your heart and home with every joy. Have a fantastic new year and Merry Christmas!
- Let us slow down and enjoy the little stuff during this festive season. May this marvelous season of the year particularly touch your heart. Wish you a lot of happiness not just today but all year round.
- May Christmas happiness and goodwill be with you throughout the year. Wishing you a season of heavenly blessings above. Merry Christmas!!
- May this holy season and throughout the year your world be filled with warmth and good cheer.
- May all Christmas’ sweet magic please your heart and fill all your wishes. Cheerful Christmas!
- This holiday season and for always, fill your heart with the comfort and close proximity of your relatives, friends, and loved ones.
- Let our hearts and homes be filled with the spirit of love. You can find many reasons for happiness in this loveliest of celebrations.
- Having you as my friend makes me feel as if every day is Christmas. Merry Christmas to my dear friend. May this season fill you and your family with joy and laughter.
Christmas unites every heart. It’s the best time of year for you to welcome others from your heart. Everyone you love, including your friends, family, spouse, girlfriend, partner, family, colleagues, expects you to have some sweet Christmas wishes. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to show them the love and warmth that your heart carries.
Also Read: Tips To Decorate Your Home for Christmas