Desserts can make us happy. And a bit of sweetness will go a long way to offer some relief in times of unusual stress. Here are some simple homemade dessert recipes during quarantine to try.
Although we’re all trying every way to hold the COVID-19 at bay, one can’t ignore the reality that a wonderful portion of delicious desserts is the go-to cure to combat tension. We suggest some simple, fast, and delicious dessert recipes that can be created in your kitchen using a few common ingredients. These dessert recipes are easy to cook with delicious results.
Easy Dessert Recipes During Quarantine
Here are some homemade dessert recipes during quarantine to try.
1. Chocolate Panipuri Dessert
An innovative and incredible dessert!
- Pani puris – 15
- Cooking chocolate- 150gms
- Vanilla ice cream – 2 cups
- Walnuts – 1 Cup
- Brown sugar – 2 Tbsp
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- Roll each puri in the melted chocolate until the puri is chocolate-covered.
- Place the puris on butter paper so they don’t stick and place in the refrigerator for 6 hours to set.
- Also, the puris can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator and used when needed.
- Don’t freeze deep.
- The walnuts are cut into pieces.
- Heat the brown sugar in a non-stick frying pan and add 1 tsp of water and cook the walnuts on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Make a hole in your puris.
- In each puri, put about 2 tsp of ice cream, and sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Serve right away.
View this post on Instagram
Try these Mouth Watering Chocolate Pani Puri at Kulfi House!??❤️ . . #punefoodie #punefoodblogger #punefoodies #foodblogger #foodphotography #foodporn #food #foodie #bloggersofinstagram #bhoobutheblogger #punemisal #chocolatepanipuri #sweettooth #desserts #instasweet #firstpostoninstagram #first #alltimefoodie #buzzfeedfood #foodfeed #yummy #delicious #fresh
2. Beetroot Halwa
Beetroots are used to make delicious halwa tasting instead of carrots.
- Grated beetroot (approx. 5 beetroots) – 4 Cups
- Ghee – 2tbsp
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped cashew nuts (fried or roasted) – 2 tbsp
- Full fat milk – 1/2 cups
- Wash the beetroots with running water.
- Peel and cut off the bottom of the piece.
- Grate the beetroots
- In a nonstick frying pan, heat the ghee.
- Add the beetroot and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, milk, cardamom powder, cover with a lid, and cook for 10 minutes. Just stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid, stir and cook until the liquid evaporates mostly.
- You can freeze the halwa and use it conveniently.
Garnished with cashew nuts, serve hot.
3. Baked Peach Yogurt
Delicious and easy to cook.
- Condensed milk- 200 ml
- Yogurt – 200 ml
- Peaches – 3
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Peel the peaches then cut them into tiny pieces.
- Boil them up with 2 tbsp of sugar in little water.
- Allow cooling when the peaches are cooked.
- Mix the yogurt and condensed milk.
- Place the peaches at the bottom of an ovenproof glass bowl oven.
- Pour the mixture of yogurt over the top of the peaches.
- Bake the mixture in a 300o F (149o C) preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven.
- Refrigerate glass bowls or small glasses for 2-3 hours.
- Before serving, garnish with chopped peaches.
4. Strawberry Chia Pudding
A balanced, sugar-free dessert made from raspberry, chia, and low-fat milk.
- Low-fat milk – 250 ml
- Chia seeds – 25 gms
- Strawberries – 200 gms
- Star anise – 1
- Soak the chia seeds for about 2 hours in water.
- Boil milk and star anise and minimize to approximately 50%.
- Add the chia seeds and boil. Let them cool down.
- Make half of the strawberry into purée and when cold add to the chia mix.
- Garnish on top with fresh strawberries, and serve chilled.
View this post on Instagram
Simple but oh so yummy? Vanilla Chia Pudding with local strawberries. Have eaten a ton in last days? But today I bought cherries, really big and crisp and juicy ones. I’m afraid a new obsession is due?? What do you say? Strawberries or cherries? Oh, and here’s the recipe: 3 tbsp chia seeds 1/2 cup-2/3 cup oat milk Pinch of vanilla Mix (and keep mixing for first few minutes until the pudding starts to form) and leave to soak for at least half an hour. Add 1 tsp of maple syrup or coconut sugar and yoghurt. Top with fresh strawberries (or cherries?) Love, Maja xx . . . . . #chia #chiapudding #strawberries #strawberrychiapudding #healthyrecipe #healthylifestyle #healthybreakfast #veganbreakfast #veganworldshare #bestofvegan #nourish #buzzfeed #bbgfood #beautifulcuisines #healthycuisines #letscookvegan #radplantlife #foodphotographer #fitfood #fitfoodie #todayfood #huffposttaste #wholefoods #food52grams #feedfeedvegan #feedfeed @thefeedfeed.vegan @thefeedfeed #thrivemags
6. Chocolate Kaju Katli
This Kaju katli recipe is generously laid with melted chocolate and a show stopper in your food.
- Cashew nuts- 2 1/4 Cups
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Water – 100 ml
- Milk chocolate or dark chocolate – 1 Cup
- Firstly, grind the cashew nut in a blender to make a fine powder to begin making Chocolate Kaju Katli.
- Take a big pan, add the sugar and water. Place on medium heat and bring to boiling. When the sugar has finally dissolved, turn the heat down and allow the mixture to boil for a few minutes before it reaches a consistency of a single string.
- To test whether you have reached the appropriate consistency, shift a few drops of the syrup to a clean plate, allow it to cool for 15-20 seconds and test it to form a single thread between your thumb and index finger.
- Once the syrup has reached a single thread consistency, add the ground cashew nut powder into the syrup and stir for 4-5 minutes continuously. The mixture would gradually become a thick paste.
- Take off the heat from the mixture and allow it to cool to room temperature. If the mix cools down slightly, grease your palms with a ghee dash and start kneading the mixture. Knead until smooth, flat, and like a dough.
- Next spread over the counter-top a sheet of butter paper. Place the dough on it and roll the dough out at a 5-6 mm thickness with a rolling pin, evenly.
- Next place water in a saucepan over the heat. Place over it a heatproof bowl, and melt the chocolate. The heat produced in underneath the boiling water will slowly melt the chocolate. Ensure that the heatproof bowl doesn’t touch the boiling water.
- Upon proper melting of the chocolate, pour over the rolled Kaju katli dough and spread it evenly with the use of a spatula.
- Let it cool for a while and then move to the surface and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes. When the chocolate has been set, you can cut the chocolate Kaju katlis by making intersecting diagonal lines so that they form the pattern of diamond shapes.
These are some simple homemade dessert recipes during quarantine to try.
Everyone likes sweets and that is undeniable. It powers them with fuel, provides them with calories, and brightens our days so much. You’ve come to the right place if you don’t like the packaged food industry and want to offer some good homemade choices.
Also Read: Yummy And Healthy Dessert Recipes For Kids