It is said that oats are among the healthiest foods. It’s especially included in the diet when people think about eating healthy or weight loss. Yet oats are more valuable than just being a healthy food component that helps to lose weight. Scroll down for the incredible health benefits of oats.
Different Types of Oats
- Oat Groats
- Steel Cut Oats
- Scottish Oatmeal
- Oat Bran
- Quick Oats
- Instant Oatmeal
- Oat Flour
Oats are whole grains that are commonly eaten as oatmeal for breakfast.
Incredible Health Benefits Of Oats
We usually talk about the health benefits of oats, but have you heard about the advantages of hair or skin oats? Read through this mega grain and find out more.
1. Promotes good bowel movement
Oats avoid constipation as they contain soluble and insoluble fiber, which helps to pass the bowel smoothly.
2. Keeps blood sugar in balance
Oats are a rich source of fibers and complex carbohydrates that gradually turn the whole food into simple sugars. The beta-glucan, on the other hand, reduces the decrease in blood sugar levels before feeding and avoids an increase in the sugar levels after consuming.
3. Aids Weight Loss
People often talk about the weight-loss advantages of oats. It is low in calories and very high in fiber, making you feel complete for a long period of time.
4. Cures Acid Reflux
Oatmeal has good absorbing properties that enable the food to absorb the acid and neutralize acidity. It also helps prevent the secretion of the acid and does not allow the reflux of the acid.
5. Good for Skin
Oats have excellent properties for exfoliating and purifying. In addition, it also has anti-microbial properties that prevent acne or any skin infection. Amino-acids found in oatmeal help reduce age-spots, skin discoloration, etc.
6. Good Source of Magnesium
The magnesium relaxes the muscles and the blood vessels. This helps to prevent strokes, heart attacks and cramps on the body.
7. Helps in Building Muscles
Including oats in your daily diet can provide all the necessary nutrients the body needs for muscle building.
8. Prevents childhood asthma
Because asthma is an inflammatory disease, and oats have anti-inflammatory properties, it is said that it can prevent children from developing asthma.
9. Maintains the pH level of the skin
Using oats in your skin will help to maintain the pH of your skin and keep it hydrated without the need for any beauty products on the market.
10. Provides essential nutrients
The benefits of oats are wide and varied. Not only does it help you lose weight, but it also helps you get all the vitamins and nutrients needed for a healthy body as a whole.
11. Helps in eliminating toxins
The amino acids in oats help to produce lecithin in the liver, which in turn works well to rid the body of all the toxins.
Other Uses of Oats
- It serves as an outstanding binder for patties of vegetables.
- To make a meal, grind some oats that can be used to bake cookies, bread, cakes, and even homemade pasta.
- Instead of regular cornflour to thicken soups and stews, it is possible to add a spoon or two of oatmeal as a substitute.
- To make a smooth glass of oat milk, you may mix some oats with water. It is a great substitute for milk, particularly for people on a vegan diet or who are allergic to dairy.
- To add more filling to your smoothie, add some oats.
- Oats are used to making nutritious granola bars, too.
- Before frying, oats can be used to coat tofu to make it crispy.
- The rolled oats can be used without baking to make cookies.
Side-effects of Eating Oats
Oats should be the cereal with the healthiest consistency. These too, however, come with their share of side effects.
- Eating oats can cause intestinal blockage if not chewed properly. Rather than doing any good, it can have adverse effects such as gas and stomach bloating.
- Oats themselves are gluten-free, but they are still processed in factories where other non-gluten-free products are also produced. Therefore, people with celiac disease should stop it or purchase only certain’ gluten-free’ labeled oats.
- Eating oats can exacerbate bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease, irritable intestinal syndrome, diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis, etc.
- An anemic person should not take the oat bran, as it contains phytate that prevents the body from absorbing iron, calcium and other minerals.
Oats are an incredibly nutritious food packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants of great importance. Moreover, compared to other grains, they are high in fiber and protein. Oats contain some unique components — especially the soluble beta-glucan fibers and antioxidants called avenanthramides.
Also Read: Health Benefits Of Peppermint Tea