Home Remedies for Oily Skin
Oily skin is the consequence of excessive sebum production from the sebaceous glands situated under the surface of your skin. Sebum helps safeguard your skin and keeps it moisturized, but too much of it can lead to oily skin, which can lead to clogged pores, acne, and blackheads. If you have oily skin, we understand you’ve tried a lot of products to combat it, but it’s not simple to get rid of oily skin. Oily skin in appearance is dense, rough, and greasy, and the reality is that it’s difficult to handle. But we have some home remedies for oily skin.
Why Is My Skin So Oily?
This is one of the first issues asked by a majority of individuals with highly oily skin. Oily skin in some people is the consequence of overly active sebaceous glands. These glands secrete a waxy or oily substance known as sebum. While sebum is essential to maintaining your skin protected, healthy, and hydrated, too much of it can lead to oily skin and clogged pores. This may eventually lead to acne.
There are many factors that can make your skin more sebum and become oily.
Cause Of Oily Skin
Some common causes of oily skin are:
- Genetics–Oily skin in families generally runs. If either of your parents has an oily skin history, your skin is likely to be oily as well.
- Age–It is known that the skin of adolescents and young adults is oilier than the older lot. While this does not mean that as you age your skin will become totally oil-free, it will certainly become less oily. Oily skin can also assist slow down the aging of your skin as it keeps your skin moisturized compared to dry skin.
- Climate–If the climate is warm and humid in the location you reside in, your skin will probably generate more oil. That’s why your skin is more oily than the winters in summers.
- Enlarged Pores –aging, breakouts of acne, and changes in weight can cause your skin pores to increase. Greater pores can create more oil for your skin. Most people with oily skin have big pores on their skin.
- Use of Wrong Skin Care Products–Some people may mistake their dry skin combination skin and use a bunch of heavy creams for the latter. This can make the skin retain more oil and may lead to blocked pores and breakouts. Today, special skincare products are available to make your skin wise.
- Wrong skincare routine–Those with oily skin have a tendency to wash their face at a hat fall. But doing this will only offer temporary relief to your skin. It may actually cause your skin to make up for the loss by producing even more oil.
- Skipping your moisturizer – Skipping your moisturizer can make your skin dry or oilier faster. Therefore, if you have oily skin, use a light-weight, water-based moisturizer.
Signs and symptoms
Oily skin-related signs and symptoms include:
- Greasiness or glow on the face
- Large pores on the face’s skin
- Skin that looks thick or rough
- Pimples that occur occasionally or persistently
- Clogged pores
- Blackheads and/or whiteheads
Oily skin can be difficult to handle. But, don’t worry, we’ve compiled a list of home remedies that can naturally help you fight oily skin.
Home Remedies for Oily Skin
With oily skin, applying raw honey to the face can help. Honey has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can benefit skin that is oily and susceptible to acne. In addition, since honey is a humectant, it can keep your skin moist but will not make it oily. Spread your face with a thin layer of raw honey and let it dry for about 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water later.
Using ground oatmeal on your face can help absorb excess oil and soothe the skin that has been inflamed. You can mix yogurt, honey, or mashed fruits like bananas, apples, or papayas. You can even use a ground oatmeal paste and water to get rid of oily skin on your face. To form a paste, combine 1 tablespoon of ground oatmeal with hot water. If you like, you can add some honey to it. Apply to your face the mixture and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse later with warm water and pat it dry.
Image Source – Pinterest
3. Egg Whites and Lemons:
White eggs and lemons can assist to loosen pores of the skin. Lemon can even assist your face to absorb oil. Mix one egg white and one freshly squeezed citrus juice teaspoon in a bowl and apply on your face. Remove once it dries. Then use warm water to wash your face and pat it dry.
4. Green Tea
Green tea polyphenols can assist to reduce the production of sebum and also help to treat acne. Take a few used green tea bags and cool them for a while. Dab the sacks of cold tea across your face. Leave the residue until rinsed off for 20-30 minutes.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has astringent and moisturizing characteristics which assist to tone the skin by decreasing pores. This, in turn, can regulate your skin’s oil secreted. Apply aloe vera gel to your entire face. For 20-30 minutes, leave it on. Then rinse it off.
6. Jojoba Oil:
Jojoba oil is sebum-like. It tricks your skin into smaller oil production and avoids acne breakouts. While these remedies work their magic, here are some extra tips that can assist completely avoid oily skin problems. Wash carefully your hands. Apply some jojoba oil to your face using your fingertips. For 20-30 minutes, leave it on. Rinse with water on your face.
Ground almonds can exfoliate your skin and surplus oil can be absorbed. By blending 3 teaspoons of fine ground raw almonds with 2 tablespoons of honey, you can make an almond face mask. In circular movements apply this combination on your face and leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat it dry.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can also be useful for oily skin. Organic apple cider vinegar includes skin-friendly enzymes and vital bacteria. However, diluted apple cider vinegar should always be used for your hair and skin. In a cup of water, mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and drink before going to bed every day.
You can get rid of oily skin by pursuing the home remedies listed here. Understand your oily skin’s reasons and follow the suggestions provided here to avoid them.
Also Read: Home Remedies And Tips To Control Hair Fall
DISCLAIMER: These remedies may not show results to the people having medical conditions. Results may vary from person to person.