Open pores are pit-like pores on the face, that accumulates dirt and become clogged. A clogged pore may lead to pimples or acne on the face. Open pores make you look dull and more than your age, people with oily skin are prone to this problem. The skin loses its elasticity as you age grows, making the condition worse. On the brighter side, the open pores allow the skin to breathe and ensure proper intake of nutrients for the skin. Quite obvious these pores look ugly. And, if you are obsessed with these not-so-pleasant pores on your face, read and try the following home remedies for open pores.
Causes of open pores.
There are many reasons, which causes the problem of open pores some of them are:
One of the main reasons for having open pores on your face is genes or heredity.
Age is another reason as cell looses elasticity which stretches the skin, making pores on the face.
3. Oily skin
Excessive secretion of oil from the skin leads to the problem of open pores.
A very prominent reason for open pores, might be the carelessness in hygiene. No proper face care may lead to the problem of open pores.
5. Hormonal change
Change in the hormones may lead to oil secretion that also causes open pores.
Home remedies for open pores
1. Aloe Vera for the skin.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel to your face and rub for 2-3 minutes or less.
- Leave it on your face and wash your face for about 10 minutes with cold water.
- Use the Aloe Vera gel every alternating day and your open pores can begin to decrease in a few weeks.
Aloe Vera moisturizes the skin and shrinks the pores by cleaning the oil and dirt from the clogged pores.
2. Chickpea flour or powder.
Chickpea powder or gram flour is a very convenient, traditional face kit. It helps exfoliate the skin and remove bacteria and cells that are dead. This helps in many facial issues and so open pores can be handled with the following steps as well.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chickpea powder with half tablespoon of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of yogurt and make a fine paste
- Apply this paste to your face and leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
Using this mask twice or thrice a week will definitely cure open pores.
3. Cucumber and lemon juice
Cucumbers have high silica content, that not only imparts a youthful look to the skin but also helps in tightening the large pores. You just have to:
- Take 2 tablespoons full of cucumber juice and mix it with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into it.
- Apply this on to your face with a cotton ball.
- Leave it for 10 -15 minutes, do not massage the face.
- Wash it with normal or cold water
Use this mixture daily or on alternate days and you will see the difference in your in a week or two.
4. Egg white for the skin
Egg white tightens and colors the skin, which allows the enlarged pores to shrink. The mask is a perfect treatment for open pores. You just have to take the easy steps:
- Take egg white and mix it with a tablespoon of oatmeal and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Apply the mask or paste on your face.
- Keep it for about 25-20 minutes and wash your face with cold water.
- Apply this mask twice a week for beautiful skin.
5. Apple cider vinegar for open pores
Apple cider vinegar has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Cleansing the skin is known, and also shrinking the pores. These aids in tightening the pores of open skin. Just follow the simple steps:
- Dilute 1 tablespoon of vinegar with the same amount of water.
- Apply a solution to your face with a cotton ball.
- Let it dry on its own, you don’t need to wash your face.
- Use this as a daily toner and make your skin better every day.
6. Ice cubes for open pores
This is the easiest and convenient way of reducing the open pores you just need to follow the steps:
- Rub some ice on your face for continuous 2 minutes, massage in a circular motion and your pores will blur out- at least for the time being!
- You can try this easy technique before going out because the ice will help in shrinking the pores instantly.
7. Baking soda for the skin
The anti-inflammatory property of baking soda helps in acne reduction and remove dead skin cells from the face. This also helps in maintaining the pH balance. Follow the steps for treating open pores:
- Take 1 tablespoon of baking soda and an equal amount of water.
- Mix them into a fine paste.
- Apply this paste with a cotton ball on the affected areas of your face.
- Massage in a circular motion for half a minute.
- Wash your face with cold water.
- Use this once a week and see visible results
8. Banana Peel
Banana peel contains lutein, an antioxidant. Banana peels also consist of potassium, which promotes and promotes the nutrition of the skin. It also consists of potassium, which promotes impeccable skin.
- Take a banana peel and rub it on your skin in a circular motion.
- Do this process for about 12-15 minutes
- Wash your face with cold water.
- Try this remedy twice a week and shrink your open pores with time.
These are some of the home remedies for open pores that you can try.
By using the home remedies, you can minimize pores easily and also keep your skin clean. A good skincare routine, water-rich moisturizers, and a healthy diet will help keep your pore size in check and maintain the oil balance of your face.
DISCLAIMER: These remedies may not show results to the people having medical conditions. Results may vary from person to person.