Home Remedies to Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation
Pigmentation of the skin is generally harmless. You might want to get rid of skin pigmentation or dark spots that might appear in your face, neck, and hands, though. What causes these spots, and are they cured by any home remedies? Here is an article to tell you everything about this skin condition. And ways to get rid of it using natural remedies and also to answer some of the issues you often ask about skin pigmentation.
What are the factors responsible for hyperpigmentation development?
Hyperpigmentation is a prevalent disorder of the skin that plagues many of us. It is a benign disorder that makes some areas of the skin darker than the surrounding skin. Some of the variables that could lead to this are:
- Excess production of melanin is the primary reason for skin hyperpigmentation.
- This skin condition may also be caused by chemotherapy. Consequently, some individuals with cancer and undergoing chemotherapy may suffer as a side effect from hyperpigmentation in their skin.
- Excess exposure to UVA and UVB may lead to a rise in the production of melanin.
- Hyperpigmentation can be caused by skin scars, acne marks, skin blemishes.
- People with a hyperpigmentation family history may also suffer from it because of genes.
- Hormonal modifications make individuals susceptible to hyperpigmentation, particularly during pregnancy or menopause.
Home Remedies For Skin Pigmentation
Pigments in the skin making it look dull and lifeless and cause dark brown patches and irregular skin color. Thus treatment is a must to get rid of the pigmentation. Natural home remedies for skin pigmentation and dark spots are listed below, from which one can attempt to obtain efficient results.
1. Raw Potato and Lemon Mask
Potatoes contain an enzyme called catecholase that acts well on and lightens pigmented skin. On the other side, it is said that lemon is a natural bleach that helps to clear the skin blemishes.
Grate the potato and mix in the lemon juice. Apply the mask to the pigmentation marks. Keep the mask of potato-lemon for half an hour, then wash it off with water. You have to apply the mask twice daily for one month for efficient and fast outcomes.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Water
Intoning down the dark brown patches created by skin pigmentation, ACV is said to do wonders. It’s a great astringent, too.
Combine water and ACV. Rinse the pigmented region with the solution. For 3-4 minutes, leave it on. Wash it with torrential water. Doing this for a month twice a day will get you the desired outcome.
3. Turmeric and Milk Mask
Turmeric is one of the finest face pigmentation home remedies. It has great bleaching and antibacterial characteristics, while milk cleans the skin by exfoliating the dark places, moisturizing and whitening it.
In a bowl, combine turmeric and milk to make a smooth paste. Apply the mix to the impacted regions. Then massage it in circular movements for about 5 minutes slowly and gently. Leave the mask 20-30 minutes or until it’s drying up. Wash it with lukewarm water once the turmeric mask is dry. Use this mask every day before taking a bath.
4. Orange Peel Pack:
Orange peel includes an outstanding bleaching agent, citric acid. This is an outstanding remedy for pigmented skin, dark spots and skin blemishes when added to Multani mitti, citrus juice, honey, and milk.
Mix Dried up orange peel powder, Honey, Multani mitti, Lemon juice, and water to make a smooth paste. Apply the pack to the pigmented areas and allow it to dry.
Massage the skin with the cover in a circular motion for 2 minutes once dry, using your fingers and a little water. Then wash it off with lukewarm water. To exfoliate dead skin cells on a regular basis and regenerate fresh skin cells, apply this pack and follow the procedure 3-4 times a week.
5. Avocados Pack:
Avocados are rich in fatty acids, vitamins C and E as well as oleic acid. All of these together create avocados an outstanding hyperpigmentation natural remedy.
Mix Avocado (pulp), Honey – 2 Tsp & Milk – 1 Tsp. Mash the avocado pulp to a fine paste and mix it well with milk and honey. Apply the pack on the affected areas. Leave it to dry and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Applying this mask once a day will lighten the pigmentation marks.
Additional tips for reducing skin pigmentation at home
In addition to the above home remedies, you may attempt to decrease hyperpigmentation by using the following methods:
- Avoid over-exposure to the sun’s UV rays. Apply a sunscreen with at least 30 SPF in case you go out and re-apply it every 3 hours.
- It’s a must follow a correct skincare routine. Make sure you clean your face of all the makeup and dirt every night before you go to bed. Then apply the cream at night. Occasionally, you should also exfoliate your skin to get rid of dead cells.
- Apart from other home remedies for skin darkening, it is compulsory to drink at least 7-8 glasses of water daily to get rid of toxins from the body and to avoid too oily food if you want a blemish-free skin. Eat dark green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale, which are wealthy in vitamin A. This is vital to maintaining excellent skin health.
Although there is no damage to the body due to skin pigmentation, some individuals may consider it undesirable and want an even skin tone. Religiously and patiently follow the above-mentioned home remedies to get rid of unwanted skin pigmentation. You won’t have to worry again about skin pigmentation!
Also Read: Homemade Skin Tightening Face Masks