Almond Oil Massage For Your Child
Almond oil is one of the parents ‘ most popular choices with which to massage their cute ones. It is enriched with A and E vitamins, fatty acids and minerals as well. All these properties make it a desirable massage oil, not to mention its incredible benefits. However, while choosing the oil and applying it to your baby, certain precautions are also advisable.
Is Almond Oil Safe For Infants?
Most parents are going to have this issue in their minds, and it’s quite natural to raise such concerns as you don’t want to take unnecessary risks. There are two varieties of almond oil available, bitter and sweet. Sweet almond oil is more popular than its counterpart because it is edible with sweet almond oil so there is no harm even if your baby ends up putting his hands in their mouth. In other words, it is completely safe to use sweet almond oil on babies. Bitter almond oil, however, has the potential and must be avoided to cause poisoning.
How To Use Almond Oil For Baby Massage?
Providing baby massage is good for their health, as we discussed above. Like other things, however, massaging babies requires proper care, and if it’s your first child, it may seem difficult for you. The step – by – step explanation for your reference and ease of use is below:
- First, pour a few drops of almond oil onto your palm, then rub your hands to spread and warm it over your palm. Then, starting with your leg, put your hand around one of the thighs and pull your hands gently down to your feet. Repeat this and after a while switch to the other leg. Make sure you’re also massaging the soles. It was also possible to use the same technique for arms and hands. Your hands over the central region (palm facing down) and stroke / Massa
- Moving to the chest. Join your palms together and place your hands over the center of your baby’s chest (pinkie finger facing down) and then move your palms towards the shoulder. Repeat 3-4 times. Place your hands over the center region (palm facing down) and slowly stroke/massage towards the stomach. Repeat it twice or four times.
- For back rub, turn your infant over and enable that person to rests on their belly. Spot your palms just underneath the neck and stroke down gradually with one hand and afterward another towards the abdomen. You should simply pursue the spine yet ensure that you don’t rub the infant.
- To knead the ears and face, simply pour a couple of drops onto your palm and in the wake of scouring the oil in your grasp, pursue upward and outwards strokes on the face.
- Apply a few drops of oil on the scalp for a head massage and rotate your palms gently on the head of your baby. While massaging the head, you don’t need to apply pressure, instead just pat the head.
- Finally, make sure you use your hands gently throughout the massaging process.
Best Baby Massage Almond Oil
You need to know a little more about almond oil and its varieties before you pick any almond oil for babies. It can be bitter or sweet almond oil. Because it is safe for the skin, the sweet almond oil is preferred over the other variety; it is edible so even if the baby puts his hands on his mouth, you don’t need panic.
Advantages of almond oil massage for babies
- The natural vitamin E and vitamin D present in it is good for baby’s skin is the greatest benefit of almond oil for baby massage.
- It helps keep the skin healthy and supple.
- It is light and easily absorbed by the skin, which makes it soft and smooth.
- The oil can be used all year round.
- Also, almond oil has anti-inflammatory properties, helping to heal damaged or dry skin.
- In the winter months, almond oil massage for baby has added benefits.
- It is a natural moisturizer that prevents the drying up of your baby’s skin.
- Massage of almond oil is useful in reducing itchiness or skin rashes.
- The use of almond oil massages in your baby can help your skin to remain soft and avoid diaper rashes. Not only for skin, but also for hair and scalp, almond oil is good!
- Almond oil helps to grow hair and prevents drying of the scalp.
- Other almond oil use includes promoting good sleep when gently massaged.
- Massage of almond oil in babies helps relax the muscles and fosters circulation that helps babies to sleep better.
- Gently massaging the tummy of your baby with almond oil also reduces the chances of indigestion and helps eliminate gas. Remember, however, before feeding time, tummy massage should be done.
Precautions When Using Almond Oil To Massage A Baby
Now that we know how to massage a baby, let’s take care when using oil to massage a baby
- Some people with severe allergy to nut may show some signs of allergy when touching nut or nut product. So, you better avoid using almond oil for baby massage if you have a history of nut allergy in your family.
- If you still want to use it, simply apply a drop of almond oil and wait 2-3 days.
- If there is no sign of reaction, you can proceed, but it is always recommended to take the opinion of an expert.
- Always be careful before purchasing and using the expiry date.
- Excess oil can lead to rashes of the skin. So, if you don’t plan to give a bath after the massage, make sure you use a clean napkin to wipe off the excess oil.
- Make sure oil does not enter your baby’s eyes, ears, nose, or naval as it may cause infection.
- Before picking up your baby make sure you wipe your hands because if your hands are slippery it could cause an accident.
- Similarly, make sure that the body of your baby has no excess oil for the same reason.
It is important to choose a good oil for the skin of your baby. Almond oil is a very good vitamin E source and is very popular with parents.
Due to its many health benefits, almond oil is one of the best massage oils for your baby. More importantly, it is pocket – friendly and can be easily found on the market. Alternatively, you can also order it online.
Also Read: How Almonds Are Beneficial For Infants?