Parents, Do your kids have public tantrums? If yes then What behavior does your child exhibit? Do you notice any pattern that can help you to figure out why your child is behaving like this?
A child public tantrums can be embarrassing and stressful for parents in public. Dealing with their tantrums in public is sometimes difficult. At some point of time, your child doesn’t agree with you and have a meltdown. There are a few simple tricks to calm down your child in public easily when you encounter with a public tantrum.
Managing Your child in public
- Avoid Tantrum To Begin: Tantrum usually happen when your child is bored, hungry or tired. Making a tunning with your child feeling can help. Try to do an activity with them so that they can listen to you or focus on you.
- Plan In advance to avoid Tantrums: Before going out make your child understand what you are planning and how they have to behave. Also, make them understand that you are not going to buy anything but they can be a part of taking some decisions.
- Involved them in making a decision: This helps in preventing from a tantrum. Also, if they don’t like the idea of your planning then give them a choice to select between them. If you go out shopping with them, let them help pick out the things which you want to purchase. They feel like they are part of your shopping and don’t feel left out or get bored.
- Be calm & Speak softly: If your child showing tantrums in public, speak in a calm and quiet voice as they want you to be calm with them. If you speak calmly, then your child will also calm down to listen to you. Don’t raise your voice.
- Don’t Give In: To calm down your child from tantrum don’t give them the things which they want under any circumstances. If you give them you taught them that’s how they get things which are not good. Also from next time, it becomes more difficult to make them calm.
- Avoid Saying Yes: No matter how much you prepare your child before going out. They will find something that they just can’t live without. In this situation stay strong and remind them the choices to get to make if they behave before going out.
Using these tricks can help you to connect with your child. Make them understand that you are not their enemy and will give them the attention they want.
Also, when a child is showing tantrums, don’t match with their intensity as this will worsen the situation. Speaking in a calm and quiet voice help them to calm down as they know they also have to match your level. Make sure your child is not hungry, tired, or bored, to avoid your child tantrum.
Always be prepared for the problems. Take some emergency stuff with you if you are going out like some snacks. Kids usually meltdown when they are hungry or bored.
Keeping the stuff helps in preventing the tantrums of the child. Also, pick some entertainment stuff like the color pencils and writing pad to engage your child when they feel bored.
Set some behavior rule before going out. Remind them about the rules and what you expect from them when you are away from home. Don’t pressurize too much as this makes them cranky and difficult to handle.
If there is a rise in the temperature of your toddler then:
- Give them a little attention and give a quick hug to calm down them. To calm down the child you can give a choice where they want to go after shopping like a park or anything that they like to do.
- Involve them in what you are doing, as this makes them feel better and not neglected.
- Comfort your child and speak to them calmly and ask what bothering them.
It’s difficult as a parent to deal with child public tantrum, But with some little efforts and tricks you can easily tame your child.