Moms, are you confused about which baby formula feed is right for your baby or you confused in selecting the best baby formula? Then, you are not alone and on the right page.
For babies, breast milk should always be the first choice. But sometimes its happens breastfeeding just isn’t in the cards. Choosing the right formula is simple by just following the simple rules.
Choosing the right formula for babies:
- Cow’s Milk: Cow’s milk is good for babies. Babies can tolerate cow’s milk formula easily. Also, cow’s milk is least expensive, and help babies with digestive problems.”
- Soy Milk: If your baby is not responding to cow’s milk formula or faces something like rashes or makes him or her gassy then it’s the time to switch to soy milk. But don’t switch to soy milk before taking suggestions from the pediatrician. If your infant has any milk allergy then you can switch to soy milk after consulting the doctor.
- Hydrolyzed Formula: If any allergy running in your family, then Doctors recommend Hydrolyzed formula which can digest easily also it makes less likely that your baby will get allergies.
- Iron-rich formula: Babies who are not breastfed are suggested to take the formula that fortified with iron. Before taking iron-rich formula consult with doctors. Babies who are not breastfed should take formula with iron till 1 year of age.
- Metabolic Formula: Doctors recommend Metabolic Formula when your baby is ill and need specific nutrients.
- Choose only Branded Formula: Studies suggest that choosing the branded formula is good, especially for infant formula. 49 % of pharmacists recommend Enfamil as the best brand of infant formula, then comes Similac with 21% of the votes and PediaSure came in third with 17 %. Don’t bargain when choosing the formula also don’t go with the other generic brands even though if they have a similar ingredient list. They are not the same. The product with the brand names comes after lots of research where they check whether babies like the formula and also how the brain responds. You can also go with the powdered formula which is not only cheap but also comes within the brand name space. This can be prepared by measuring and mixing the powdered formula in water and then shake it.
- Choose formula by age: For every age range, there is a different formula. Make sure you choose the formula according to your baby’s age. As the composition of Vitamins & Minerals is different from the composition of a 6-month old baby or a toddler.
Best Babies Formula Are:
Enfamil Infant Formula: This is the leading brand. This formula meed all the nutrients need the baby till 1 year. In this formula, there is a presence of nutrients like choline and DHA which plays a vital role in your baby’s brain development. This formula is closest ever formula to breast milk.
- Gerber Good Start Gentle Powder Infant Formula: This formula gives the nutrition of breast milk 7 at the same time being gentle on your baby’s developing body. A baby who has a sensitive stomach, then you can give this formula. Throughout the 1st year of life, a baby digestive system is developing, so it is necessary to give him the right nutrition that is gentle on babies body. The formula supports your baby’s brain and eye development because of the presence of fatty acid.
- Similac Go & Grow: The babies who have allergic issues can go for this formula as this formula is gluten-free. This formula contains omega 3 and 6. Lutein and Galactooligosaccharide nutrients also present in this formula which your baby can get only from breast milk. This brand also has a formula for the babies with a sensitive stomach.
- Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula: This formula is rich in high-quality protein, mineral, vitamins, and essential fatty acids. DHA and ARA nutrients are also present which is naturally present in breast milk. It helps in the development of the eyes and brains of the baby. Also, its whey and casein ratio is identical to the mother’s milk.
- Vermont Organics TM Milk Based Organic Formula: Mom’s if you want to choose the organic lifestyle for your family then you can go with this formula. It contains all the nutrients which are present the mother’s milk.
There is also some other milk formula which you can also give to babies:
- Danone’s Infant Formula
- DSS Similac Expert Care NeoSure Ready to Feed
- Nestle NIDO Kinder 1+ powdered milk beverage
- Baby’s Only Organic Dairy with DHA & ARA Formula
- Enfamil Reguline Milk Based Formula
- PurAmino Hypoallergenic amino acid based formula
- Elecare for infant
- Nutramigen with Enflora LGG
- Parent’s Choice Organic Infant Formula
- Enfagrow Toddler Next Step Milk Drink
Spitting, colic, and gas are some common symptoms that your child may face. Consult with the doctors for the right formula for your baby.
Don’t switch one formula to another. Stick to only one type of formula.