National Doctors Day 2020 will be celebrated on 1 July to thank physicians and doctors for their committed patient services. Above that, in our worst times, they looked after us. This day is celebrated in the United States on 30 March. National Doctor Day gives people the chance to thank doctors. This day is devoted to all doctors who work to help patients 24 hours a day to save lives. Doctor’s Day 2020 is being celebrated for recognition of the services of doctors and their enormous contribution to the advancement of medicine in India.
It’s said we can’t see God, but the doctor on earth is like a God who saves us and gives us life to live better
History of National Doctors Day 2020
National Doctors’ Day is held all over India on July 1 to honor the legendary doctor and West Bengal ‘s second chief minister, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy. He was born on 1 July 1882 and died on the same date at the age of 80 in 1962. On February 4, 1961, Dr. Roy was awarded Bharat Ratna, the country’s highest civilian honor. Doctors’ Day celebration is an attempt to accentuate the worth of doctors in our lives and give them our love and respect by honoring one of their greatest representatives. India has seen tremendous changes in medical terms and on 1 July all the doctors who have made unwavering efforts to achieve this goal, regardless of the odds, are honored.
Significance of National Doctors Day 2020 In India
The Indian Government established the Doctor’s Day in 1991, acknowledging and honoring the National Doctors’ Day each year on 1 July. Doctors and their role in the development of the country are celebrated. National Doctors ‘Day in India is a major awareness-raising campaign that offers all the opportunity to become aware of physicians’ roles, significance, and responsibilities, as well as to promote the closer approach and to monitor their profession ‘s responsibilities.
Country-wise National Doctors Day
|United States||March 30|
Celebration Of National Doctors Day 2020
The government and non-governmental healthcare organizations’ National Doctor’s Day have been celebrated for many years to familiarize themselves with the doctor’s contributions. On this day, the staff of health organizations organizes various events and activities. The North Calcutta and North East Calcutta Social and Welfare Association Rotary Day Club organizes annually big events.
The health organizations coordinate-free medical check-ups in various health centers and public spaces in order to facilitate quality medical care to the public at no cost. Physicians also support rotational medical services. Various forums programs around the country are coordinated to educate people about health checks, disease prevention, diagnosis, medical care, etc.
Camps are also organized with the goal of evaluating health status, health recommendations, diet talks, and understanding of chronic diseases among the poor and elderly.
A variety of events is also arranged to raise awareness of doctors’ invaluable positions in all people, such as free blood tests, random blood sugar monitoring, ECG, EEG, blood pressure regulation, and others.
Various events are also conducted at colleges and school levels to inspire young people to choose the medical profession and to pursue them.
National Doctors Day Quotes And Messages
- The doctor sees all the weakness of mankind; the lawyer all the wickedness, the theologian all the stupidity. – Arthur Schopenhauer
- The doctor is often more to be feared than the disease. – French Proverb
- In nothing do men more nearly approach the gods than in giving health to men. — Marcus Tullius Cicero
- Each patient carries his own doctor inside him. – Norman Cousins
- A physician is obligated to consider more than a diseased organ, more even than the whole man — he must view the man in his world. – Harvey Cushing
- The art of healing comes from nature, not from the physician. Therefore, the physician must start from nature, with an open mind. — Paracelsus
- Doctors think a lot of patients are cured who have simply quit in disgust. – Don Herold
- The good physician treats the disease; the great physician treats the patient who has the disease. — William Osler
- Doctors put a wall up between themselves and their patients; nurses broke it down. – Jodi Picoult
- We need a shoulder if we are in tears. We need medication when we are in pain. But we need you because you are the hope if we are in a tragedy. Thank you for being there. Happy Doctors Day
- Not everybody can become a doctor because not everybody has the expertise, skill, and courage to provide patients with selfless care… Wishing our highly inspiring doctors a very Happy Doctor’s Day.
- You are the savior of all, you are named as hands of God, thank you for choosing this profession and saving all lives. Happy Doctors Day 2020
- On Doctor’s Day, warm wishes go to all the doctors who work so hard to improve their patients’ health and get back the lost smiles.”
- “Being a doctor definitely isn’t easy, because you need to think about your patients before you. Happy doctor’s day to you Good Day for You Doctor.
- “There are many compromises, and there is much hard work going into becoming a good doctor. Wishing one such great doctor a Happy Doctor’s Day.
- “You feel a lot happier because you know you have a good physician to look after your health. I wish a Happy Doctor’s Day to one such doctor.’
- Only a doctor is blessed by the magical power to treat a life, to make us feel healthy and be with us when we lost all hope. Happy Doctors day 2020
- A doctor is provided an eye for understanding and treating human weaknesses. He is the one that can give us hope when we’re in a state of despair. Sending good wishes to you on Doctors day 2020.
- Dear Doctor, thank you for all you have done in keeping me in the strongest of my health. Your efforts made me a healthier soul. Happy Doctors Day
- It was a wonderful blessing from the Almighty to have you as our family doctor. You have always treated us for better health, unconditionally. Thanks for everything. Happy doctors day
The National Doctor’s Day is celebrated every year on 1 July in honor of Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy and his contributions. This day also reminds us to thank our doctors for giving us selfless support and health care.
Also Read: Why International Nurses Day Is Celebrated?