Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins Recipe
I can’t stop at one serving when it comes to any dessert with chocolate in it. If I leave them sitting on the counter, I’ll literally catch myself finishing off a half batch of cookies, muffins or brownies in one day.
I can’t just control my sweet tooth! There are a few substitutions in these muffins that make you feel much better eating more than one.
Nobody in my family could say from eating them that they only had 58 calories per muffin. They were so smooth and tasty! I can’t wait to get them back!
INGREDIENTS For Muffins:
- Old fashioned oats – 1-3/4 cup
- Egg White – 3
- Unsweetened Cocoa – 3/4 cup
- Unsweetened applesauce – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1tbsp
- Plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low-fat yogurt) – 1/2 cup
- Cream of tartar (or 1-1/2 tablespoons vinegar) – 1/2 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1-1/2 tbsp
- Baking Soda – 1-1/2
- Salt – 1/4 tbsp
- Hot water – 1 Cup
- Sugar substitute (like Splenda granular) OR 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Stevia -1 Cup
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – 1/2 cup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, or line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with cupcake liners. Kept aside
Mix all the ingredients together in a blender (or food processor), except the chocolate chips. Blend until grounded oats and mixture is smooth.
Place the mixture in a bowl and stir in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips gently (set the rest aside). In prepared muffin pans, scoop the mixture.
Place tins of muffins 10 minutes in the oven. Remove muffins from the oven after 10 minutes (but don’t shut off the oven) and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips (1/4 cup) on top of each muffin.
- Preparation Time: 10 Mins
- Cook Time: 15 Mins
- Total Time: 25 Mins
Also Read: Looking For Healthy Banana Recipes For Kids?