Using Acrylic Nails During Pregnancy
Women take pride in their beautiful long nails, don’t you ladies? In today’s times, with the assistance of acrylic nail extensions, you can even accentuate your nails in no moment. However, you should believe twice before you get these nails when you’re pregnant. First, if acrylic nails are secure during pregnancy or not, you should find out. Read this article to find out if during pregnancy you can use acrylic nails or not.
What Are Acrylic Nails?
Acrylic nails are fake nails that you can readily stick to your original nails to improve the length of your nails aesthetically. Using some powder and liquid these nails are created. These can be offered at inexpensive prices by many nail parlors or your regular parlors.
During pregnancy, can you get acrylic nails?
You also make your smallest decisions with care and caution when you are pregnant, and the same applies to the use of acrylic nails during pregnancy. There is no harm in using acrylic nails during pregnancy, but when you stick these fake nails, it is suggested that you practice caution.
Precautionary measures you should take:
While the use of acrylic nail paints or nail compounds during pregnancy does not have damaging side effects as such, there are certain precautionary measures that you may want to take. Since everything you do during pregnancy will influence your child, sticking to the safer side is best.
- Choose a well-known salon, preferably one you used before.
- Make sure you’re in a well-ventilated space while your nails are finished.
- Avoid breathing in any fumes that may occur when the nail compounds are applied. As they may be detrimental to your child.
- For any allergies to the compounds used in the acrylic nail procedure, it is advisable to check yourself. This can assist to eliminate the danger of allergies at all.
- Check whether the salon provides a much safer alternative ingredient called ethyl-methacrylate (EMA).
- You can also reduce your risk of possible side effects by avoiding going into the first trimester of pregnancy for the acrylic nail procedure.
Nail Care Tips During Pregnancy:
If during pregnancy you get acrylic nails, there are tips that you can introduce to minimize the danger of any side effects, if any.
- Maintain hygiene when it comes to cleaning these fake nails. Failure to do so may result in infection with fungi or bacteria.
- After the nail fixing operation is performed, make sure that you carefully wash your hands to let go of any remaining chemicals that may be present on your skin or nails.
- Refrain from having fake nails as this can lead to excessive exposure to chemicals used during pregnancy in an acrylic manicure.
- During the removal of acrylic nails, pay comparable attention and prevent repeated procedures during your pregnancy.
Complications and Side Effects of Using Acrylic Nails during Pregnancy
While there is no proof to verify that acrylic nails can cause damage during childbirth, specialists still need to verify certain speculations.
- Exposure to work environments where acetone concentration is greater is considered to be associated with an enhanced danger of miscarriage.
- It is also believed that frequent exposure to solvents used during the acrylic nail procedure affects the developing fetus. And causes an enhanced danger of developmental delays and learning impairment.
- As the nails are not naturally connected, they also tend to boost the danger of infection with bacteria and fungi.
The verdict is that although acrylic nails during pregnancy do not pose a direct danger to you or your child. It is a good idea to prevent them when carrying them. You might not want to endanger the health of your baby just to love your long nails now, would you?
Looking beautiful and being delicate is what all females want, and we comprehend it completely. But why do you want to go through any kind of questionable process that might or might not have any kind of negative effects on your unborn baby? We recommend you postpone it until your child is born if you can wait.
Also Read: Sonogram Nails – The New Pregnancy Trend