Every parent’s steady effort is to feed the kid with a nutritious diet. It’s a constant task to make a kid eat good food. But it is not always simple to eat healthily in the present age of fast foods and processed foods. It gains enormous popularity in this regard. There is considerable proof that it is useful for kids. Several studies indicate that the consumption of probiotics by adding supplements or food can give children several health advantages by influencing their intestines positively. Many parents progressively choose probiotic supplements to improve the immune system of their children.
What Are Probiotics?
It can be described as living microorganisms such as yeast or bacteria that benefit our health. They are simply “healthy” bacteria. By boosting healthy bacteria, they help to keep our gut in a healthy condition. This is essential because nearly 80% of our immunity lies in the intestine. Interestingly, in our digestive tract, the amount of probiotics is ten times greater than in our entire body’s cells. Probiotics can be obtained from ingredients such as yogurt or consumed as additions available in a variety of forms such as chewable tablets, drops, and special probiotic coated straws as well. It is therefore important to select the right type of probiotics.
Why Probiotics Are Important For Kids?
- It can assist to increase the immunity of the child by keeping the equilibrium of the gastrointestinal flora in the intestine of the child.
- When taken by a baby, antibiotics usually kill both the good and the bad bacteria, causing distress in the child’s gastrointestinal system. Doctors may, therefore, offer to give the baby probiotics in advance and even afterward to decrease the damage to the good bacteria.
- The balance between the “good” and the “bad” bacteria in the gut can also be disrupted by many diseases. Probiotic use can assist restore this vital balance.
- It can help to reduce the risk of multiple diseases and allergies.
- It is believed that it infuses the gut with health-enhancing microorganisms that not only improve the digestive system but also help digestion of food.
- Studies show that it can have a positive impact on gene movement.
- It can be critical to managing the weight and metabolism of the child throughout his life.
- Research indicates that it encourages brain health as the gut and brain are tightly linked during various phases of child development.
- It may reduce the potentially damaging side impacts of vaccinations given to the baby, according to studies.
- Studies show that by preserving the beneficial bacterial count, probiotics can help promote healthy urinary tract in children.
- Vitamin B12, vitamin K2, and butyrate are known to cause probiotics that assist increase power.
Illnesses That Can Be Treated Or Prevented With It
Studies have shown that probiotics can make a significant difference in promoting the well-being of your child. Certain diseases that can be avoided by the use of probiotics are:
- Probiotics may help in the treatment of diarrhea caused by taking antibiotics as a side effect.
- Research demonstrates that probiotics can help to relieve colic, reduce gas and reflux efficiency.
- Doctors may suggest probiotics for constipation of the child.
- Curing eczema is also attributed to probiotics.
- According to some studies, probiotics may help cure IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease)
- Studies show that taking probiotics on a regular basis can promote lactose tolerance in children.
- It may also prove effective in the prevention of tooth decay.
Supplements vs. Probiotic foods: what’s better?
Some foods such as yogurt and cultured cottage cheese are added with probiotics. It occurs naturally in ingredients fermented such as butter, sauerkraut, and kefir. Another source is raw cheese made with unpasteurized milk.
Some specialists promote the health advantages of raw milk and raw milk goods, but they should not be provided to kids. Raw milk may contain bacteria that are hazardous. It can cause disease that is life-threatening.
If you wonder if there are better probiotic supplements or foods, the response is not clear. It is generally best to obtain nutrients from whole food. But your kid may not be able to get enough from food alone in the case of probiotics. Probiotics in food may not survive the production and storage processes. If you don’t have a lab in your kitchen, there’s no way to know precisely how much it’s made alive.
The same can be said for probiotic supplements. Products are not created equal in the supplement world. Supplements are not well-regulated. If you buy probiotic supplements, you assume that the product contains what it advertises. In fact, you may not always get what you think you are buying.
Probiotics That Are Good For Kids
- Bifidobacteria strain probiotics may be chosen.
- One may also look for strains of Lactobacillus GG bacteria.
- Probiotics with both bile and acid-resistant strains may be a good option.
- Saccharomyces boulardi, a type of yeast has also proved helpful.
Providing a probiotic-rich diet to your child can be a wise choice to make to ensure your child’s excellent health. It is important to remember, however, that the impacts of probiotics are very temporary. They disappear from the intestines if their consumption is stopped. Research is still in its early phases, and it will be a long time before a concrete proof is acquired to determine its positive impact on human health.
Also Read: All You Want To Know About IBS