Nearly everybody has a favorite teacher, someone who has gone above and beyond to inspire you so you can see your potential. On 5 October, take time to celebrate the World Teachers’ Day — an all-embracing initiative initiated by UNESCO in 1994. Taking into account that teachers influenced future generations, it is the least we can do to say ‘thank you’ once a year. Regardless of where you’re in today’s world, remember teachers! Scroll down to know the history and importance of the world teacher’s day.
When Is World Teachers’ Day 2020
Every year on 5 October the World Teachers’ Day occurs. International Teachers’ Day is also recognized. It aims to raise awareness of the role of teachers in quality education at all levels and to improve the world’s teachers’ situation. Let’s look at the importance and history of the World Teachers’ Day.
History Of World Teachers’ Day
This is the anniversary of the adoption of the United Nations Teachers’ Status Recommendation of 1966. It sets out standards for teachers’ initial training, further education, recruitment, jobs, and conditions of learning.
UNESCO’s 2020 message: “To confirm the relevance of the teaching mission, we acknowledge the essential significance of the theme: Teachers: Leading in crisis, reimagining the future”. The future of the profession. We call on governments to make education a first-class career for young people. In particular, we honor the efforts of committed teachers from all over the world who continue every day to efforts to make ‘inclusive and equal quality education’ and to facilitate ‘lifelong learning opportunities.’
Celebration Of World Teachers’ Day
A series of events will take place on 5 October in several countries worldwide. Conferences highlighting the value of educators and learning, additional training courses for teachers, recruiting opportunities for the teaching profession among students or professionals may also mark the day. Events will also boost the visibility and role of teachers in the media.
Different syndicates or other specialist associations reflect a major role for teachers in our lives. Unions such as The Australian Teacher’s Union, the Canadian Teacher’s Federation, The Ontario Federation, The All India Secondary Teacher’s Federation, and The National Teacher’s Association (UK), etc. coordinate a variety of activities to commemorate World Teacher’s Day. The National Teacher’s Union (UK) is a national educational association. Let us say to you this day is not a public holiday but a global observance.
Fun Facts About World Teachers Day
Why not tell your class the following fun facts while celebrating World Teachers Day this year?
• Teachers after doctors and nurses are the third most trusted occupation.
• Teacher Day is an outline of the country. It’s not a public holiday.
• Every year UNESCO assigns a theme to this day.
• World Teachers’ Day is celebrated by more than 100 countries and each country celebrates its own.
• On the occasion of the ILO/UNESCO 1966 birthday, the First World Teacher’s Day was held on 5 October 1994, concerning teachers’ status.
• According to the UNESCO, a qualified teacher must obtain at least the minimum structured academic teacher training necessary to be taught at the corresponding level in a country.
- World Teacher Day represents a chance to encourage the practice of teaching.
• It is believed that in 1890 the word ‘pet teacher’ was first published.
• On average, 782 teaching hours a year are spent by primary school teachers.
- The very best thing you can do to celebrate World Teacher’s Day is to give a teacher a positive influence on your life. If you know a teacher whom you want to thank, then order Teacher’s day gifts from any online platform such as teacher’s day chocolates, teacher’s day flowers, or personalized gifts, etc.
World Teacher’s Day Quotes
- I have always felt that the true text-book for the pupil is his teacher. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own. – Nikos Kazantzakis
- Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honor for me. – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. – John Dewey
- What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to a human soul. – Joseph Addison
- The true teachers are those who help us think for ourselves. – Dr. Sarvepali Radhakrishnan
- Your best teacher is your last mistake. – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
- Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. – Benjamin Franklin
- Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world. – Malala Yousafzai
- The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery. – Mark Van Doren
- Teaching is the greatest act of optimism. – Colleen Wilcox
- If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; and if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people. – Chinese Proverb
- The whole art of teaching is all about awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterward. – Anatole France
World Teacher’s Day Activities
- Motivate students and parents to create videos that convey gratitude to teachers and share them on social media or to conduct a virtual town hall to recognize their difficulties.
- Create and design a personal card or write a poem that expresses thanks.
- Conduct surveys and search for underpaid professors in the field and how they can be articulated
- Even at middle age, thanks to a teacher. Search them, display thanks and let them know how they have changed your life as a better person.
- Perform a school test to let students know what our popular teachers are doing.
- Schools may carry out different activities in order to allow teachers to express thanks and to respect. The essay contest, a contest for the composition of poetry, making of greeting cards, and so on.
Teachers are unsung heroes that are not recognized enough to make us who we are. It is necessary to remember the efforts of a teacher to make sure that a child’s mind forms the way to go.
Also Read: Teachers Day: Importance And Significance